Medilink® is a well-established Dispensing Appliance Contractor (DAC) for the provision of stoma and urology appliances within the NHS Part IX Drug Tariff. With over 30 years of experience, and a strong network of nineteen dispensing care centres across the UK we pride ourselves in being able to provide a reliable, Ethical and efficient service which adheres firmly to NHS prescribing guidelines and regulations.
What’s in it for CCGs and GPs?
- Reduced GP consultations and secondary care admissions
- Cost-effective use of products assured and recommended to patients
- Access to Medilink® eView patient database allows control of prescribing costs and identifying inappropriate prescribing, order patterns and stockpiling
- Medilink® Stoma Nurse Team supports the QIPP agenda
- Support from an impartial CQC-regulated Stoma Nurse, with potential for enhancing stoma knowledge throughout the CCG by means of training sessions
- Appliance Use Review (AUR) completed with all information fed back to the GP
- Access to accurate local stoma spend data analysis to enable effective and informed decision making
- Reduced administration time, which supports the NHS Digital Paperless 2020 agenda
- Fully support the Electronic Prescription Service (England only), to provide
- Time saving
- Improved accuracies
- Support to the NHS Digital Paperless 2020 agenda
Following close work with CCGs, our average annual saving per reviewed patient is £313**
**data held on in-house Medilink database
Medilink® can save CCGs an average of £243,000** on stoma care per year
Need support or advice?
If you need any further support or advice, then please contact Medilink today. You can call us Monday to Saturday, from 9am to 5pm on 0800 028 8014 or 0800 626388 (Scotland).